The following are some of the causes of electrical fires
· Wiring which is not properly installed
· Extra load on the circuits and wires
· Wrongly placed plugs and wires
Call a Portland electrician immediately in case of
· A burning smell coming from any of the wires
· If your circuit breaker keeps tripping
· Your lights fuse on an off
Being careless might lead to disaster. These things must not be taken lightly and require the immediate attention of a Portland electrician.
Tips on Preventing Fire Hazards
Fire hazards can be prevented by following these 3 Portland electrician tips
1. Get to know about all the electrical appliances in your homes. This means that you should continually keep checking all appliances whether they are running smoothly or not. A light bulb which fuses on and off or a TV socket which smells kind of funny are things which need to be reported immediately to a Portland electrician.
2. Extension cords need to be checked regularly. Though extension cords are a good way of saving electricity and are a blessing for most home owners, what people need to take in to account is that they mustn’t overload the extension cords. A lot of load means that there might be a short fuse or lead to overheating which can be potentially dangerous. Overheating is the number one cause of electrical fire hazards.
3. Remember to use plugs in a responsible manner. Pulling them from the sockets could result in these plugs becoming loose and the chances of an electrical fire become increased. Also make sure to keep all power cords away from little children who have the tendency to touch them. A good Portland electrician will make sure that there are no lose wires lying about your homes which could prove to be fatal for little ones.
Be Smart And Hire A Portland Electrician
A do it yourself project might seem like a good idea, however a Portland electrician can help you with electrical troubleshooting at homes and offices. The services provided by a Portland electrician are totally professional and all the employees have an insurance and legitimate license to carry out all kinds of electrical works.
Other resources for more information on electrical fire prevention:
National Fire Protection Association